Job Profile and Medical Requirements for Commercial Apprentice (CA) in Indian Railways
- Commercial Apprentice is a post where the apprentices will be trained to become a sort of multi-skilled supervisors in the commercial branch of Indian railways.
- A 2-year training will be provided to the apprentices in different categories of working in the commercial branch. Training duties will be of commercial clerks, goods clerks, parcels clerks, catering and commercial inspectors.
- Upon completion of training, they will be posted as chief commercial clerk, parcel clerk and goods clerk.
- This job is open for Men, Women and persons with disabilities.
- Candidates in this role will be posted in the commercial department who will be involved in revenue-generating activities. They are involved in fixing fares for the services provided by the Indian railways to the public. They are also involved in developing strategies for improving the earnings.
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic in learning and performing the responsibilities.
- Must follow all the instruction with attention given by the superiors to complete the job responsibilities.
- The candidates will have to go through written examination followed by documents verification.
- There will be shifts for commercial apprentices.
Salary, benefits and perks:
- Pay scale is Rs. 9,300 – 34,800 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4,200.
- Apart from the salary other allowance like Dearness Allowance (DA) and Transport Allowance (TA) is paid.
- House Rent Allowance is paid if the accommodation facility is not provided in the government quarters.
- 10% of the total pay shall be deducted as towards the New Pension Scheme.
Qualifications to join and Age limit:
- A candidate needs to be a Graduate from a recognised university or its equivalent.
- Diploma in Rail Transport and Management (DRTM) from the Institute of Rail Transport (IRT) shall be an Additional Desirable Qualification
- A candidate must be 18 to 32 years. Candidates belonging to SC and ST category will be eligible for age relaxation of 5 years and the OBC candidates get 3 years of age relaxation as per the rules and guidelines by the RRB.
How to join:
- Appear for a written test which is a non-technical examination. This test has four sections allocated 100 marks as follows with a duration of 90 minutes.
- General Awareness
- General Sciences
- Reasoning and Artificial Intelligence
- Numerical Ability and Quantity Aptitude
- The question papers shall be in English, Hindi, Urdu and regional languages.
- Commercial Apprentice will have the following career growth as follows through attending various tests and examinations.
- Assistant Commercial Manager,
- Divisional Commercial Manager and
- Senior Commercial Manager.
Medical Requirements (Eyesight, Health, Height, Weight, etc):
- To ensure the candidates are medically fit to perform the duties related to the job, candidates who are selected for the appointment must have to go through medical fitness test conducted by the Railway Administration or Railway Hospital.
- Especially for Railway staff, VISUAL ACUITY STANDARD is one of the most important criteria for medical fitness.
- C-1 is the category for commercial apprentice and hence the medical test is applicable as follows:
- Physically fit in all respects.
- Visual Standards: Distance Vision: 6/12, 6/18 with or without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required